How to make my website searchable in 2018?
If you own a website, you’re most likely wondering how to make my website searchable in 2018. And yes, that’s an excellent question, because unless you make your site searchable, people won’t be able to find you in search engines. So, what can you do to make the site searchable? There are plenty of things you can focus on at this particular time.
Submit your site to Google
Sure, you can wait for Google to find your site automatically. But this doesn’t happen right away. This is why you have to submit your website to Google. Visit https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/submit-url and then add your website there. Google will receive the request, study your site and add it to the search engine. Of course, you won’t be in the first spot for the desired keyword, but at least you are searchable. If you want people to find you a lot easier, then you need to focus on your SEO.
Quick SEO tips to help you rank higher:
- Do some keyword research. One of the best ways to learn how to make my website searchable in 2018 is to identify the keywords that people are using. Once you have these keywords, it will be a lot easier to rank for them.
- Make sure that you create high-quality. There’s no denying that quality matters here, so always create meaningful, long content. And while there, you may want to use some long tail keywords to deliver you the best value and quality.
- Increase the website speed. Learning how to make my website searchable is all about improving the website, and increasing the site speed is essential here. Faster websites rank higher all the time.
- Opt for link building. This will allow you to show that you are relevant online, as you create multiple links towards your site. Internal linking is also helpful for SEO. This indicates that the content you have is relevant, reliable and easy to go through.
- Responsive designs rank high because they offer a native user experience regardless of what device is used.
- Remember to add title tags and meta descriptions. It may not seem like much at first, but this information is crucial and relevant. That’s why you have to take your time and optimize the meta description and title tags as fast as possible.
- Insert your keywords for the ALT tags in your images. That alternative text is the only thing Google can see when you post images, and it can boost your ranking.
- If possible, try to create evergreen content. This way you can update that content and have it relevant for a very long time. A good example would be this post, people will always want to learn “how to make my website searchable in 2018”, so you can get traffic from such a post for many years.
In the end, studying how to make my website searchable is all about taking your time and knowing the ins and outs of this task. It doesn’t have to be tough though. As long as you are focused on completing this rightfully, results can be more than ok. But do remember that optimizing for SEO won’t offer immediate results. It will take a few months until you get the organic ranking you want. It can be a bit time-consuming, but it’s well worth it!